Saturday, January 23, 2010

Last Saturday in Punta del Este...

The weather is lovely, it's hot and tonight there was no need to use my usual rubber band to tie my hair during the dinner party offered by Ada de Maurier at the Parador Acqua... There was no wind so my hair-do resisted all night! There were stars in the sky and a bellissima croissant moon...
But all must come to an end and on Monday I'll be leaving... Buenos Aires, New York and Paris. Everything different: food, languages, weather, clothes (I've forgotten how to dress for winter!), houses, friends... A 180º turn just when I have gotten used to living in Punta...
However, I will still be writing my posts, telling you rather more international stuff than local...
But I'll for sure miss my daily trips to Tienda Inglesa (Punta's top supermarket), the events organized by Grupo Mass+, Diana's hairdressing salon, reading El País every morning, going to Maldonado's street markets every Sunday and the Uruguayan drinking mate with their thermos under their arms...
... And my morning walks (6 km a day!) following the Mansa coastline.
Another summer comes to an end, at least for me. Another of the many summers spent here in Punta del Este, many joyful, others extremely painful. But that's Life, right? With its miseries and splendors.
Ciao Summer in Punta. See you next year...
Hello Paris...
Here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment