Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010... under the rain!!!

And for once, we had a rainy Golden Globes...
How weird to see all those Hollywood stars under umbrellas, so like normal people...
I know that they are common mortals like us, but seeing them on screen, playing so many different roles, gets you under the impression that they are immune to stuff like rain, cold or any other human misery...
But yesterday it rained hard in Los Angeles and all those actresses who chose curly, wavy or straight hair-dos, had it difficult! Or as Young Victoria's Emily Blunt put it: "I'm English, I'm used to it..."
Anyway, the rain took nothing from a ceremony that was traditional, elegant and glamorous as always...
There were so many fantastic dresses that I get confused... All I can say is that there was a clear tendency to one-shoulder straight long dresses... Of those I saw plenty! They were just like the one I want to wear for the big wedding party I have in Paris on February 6th... But I want mine in red!
I loved the dark green Dior that Marion Cotillard wore and it went perfectly with her chignon...
I also liked Penélope Cruz, who's one of my favorite actresses and looked charming yesterday with her black Armani Privé and her loose hair.
Awful was Nicole Kidman's beige Nina Ricci... it matched her skin tone!
On the contrary, and not because she's Italian as myself, I liked what George Clooney's girlfriend, Elisabetta Cannalis, wore: it was a creamy Versace, that went well with her skin type.
I saw many Elie Saab (a libanese designer who works in Paris), various Roberto Cavalli and some Marchesa (like Kate Hudson's)... also a lot of mistakes!
As for the men, my favorite was Thomas Jane... He's not so popular here yet but he's gonna be a huge star... You must see his TV series "Hung."
I also liked Robert Downey Jr., a great actor and quite goodlooking. Among the elders, Jeff Bridges was OK.
All in all, it was a nice show, an entreé before our main course: the Oscars, coming soon in a month...


Marion Cotillard's Dior


Penélope Cruz by Armani Privé


Robert Downey Jr., nominated for "Sherlock Holmes"

PS: I'm thrilled by the Foreign Film Golden Globe awarded to Michael Haneke's The White Ribbon... great movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment