Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Argentine runway show in Paris...

For the third year in a row, I was invited to witness, in Paris, a runway show of Argentine designers, organized by Héctor Vidal Rivas and his daughter, Manuela. This time it was the turn of Emprendedores de Nuestra Tierra, Carlos di Doménico and María Pryor. My good friend Abraao Ferreira (the most Argentine of Brazilians) was in charge of the PR of the show and was able to gather numerous French and foreign press. We all arrived on schedule at 9 pm.
The show was held at the Pavillion Kléber, on the 7th of Rue Cimarosa, just in front of the Argentine Embassy.
As my readers already know, I am always thrilled to see my "fellow Argentine comrades." I asked my friend Eleonore to come with me.
Emprendedores de Nuestra Tierra was the first to open the show, presenting a full hand-made-collection created by 12 designers and artisans: ponchos, llama-wool shawls, accessories and silver jewelry with semi-precious stones. With Gotan Project's music sounding through the speakers, the line-up of looks was really good.
Then came the turn of my beloved Carlos di Doménico, with all his glamour. Splendid looks in creamy whites and nude beiges. Very chic.
And to wrap up, María Pryor, with her so-Middle-Age dresses, enriched with one-of-a-kind decorations and crowns and tiaras over the models' heads. Super sumptuous.
Later on, the Argentine Ambassador, Mr. Aldo Ferrer, invited us all to a cocktail at the Embassy.
I greeted and hugged all my dear Argentine friends. A nice way to start Paris' Fashion Week.

1 comment: