Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fashion Weeks F/W 2012-2013 (Milano)

Until now, the best shows I've seen...
Starting with Prada's, who, as usual, presented very original and innovative ideas. Lots of black, mid-calf pants with tunics on top, amazing embroidered coats and shoes with platforms. Also some outfits with 70s-style prints, in purple and orange. Make-up by Pat McGrath, so Blade Runner. Definitely, a very creative collection.
I also liked Versace's. In the 90s, I was a huge fan of Gianni Versace and I cherish with outmost care the pieces I have from him. I was even invited to have lunch at his (beautiful) New York's house. He was a very talented man. With his death, the brand faced an understandable downfall. However now, 15 years later, it seems as if his sister Donatella has found the path and her collections are once again amazing. Black velvet for day, short dresses (above the knees), touches of yellow and orange and, for the night, long chain mail dresses.
Among my favorites, also Peter Dundas for Pucci. Then again, lots of black, revealing transparencies and some pants. I believe Dundas to be an excellent designer and he does live up to the name of Emilio Pucci.
On the other hand, I was appalled by Roberto Cavalli's collection, although I generally like what he does. Too many animal-print-fabrics, too many things going on, one on top of the other, very overelaborated.
And finally, I must confess that I absolutely loved Frida Giannini's collection for Gucci. As time goes by, I like them more.
So chic, so femme fatale! Black, olive green, bordeaux, velvets... All of the very best to dress up a woman sure of herself, a bit "matadora," but amazingly seductress.
After all these displays of creativity, let's wait to see how the French try to catch up with the Italians...

No comments:

Post a Comment