Friday, March 9, 2012

Marni for H&M

I couldn't help myself and, although I'm not a Marni person, I went back to my "combat" outfit (sweatpants, jacket and ear-muffs) and, together with the Russian wife of a Belgium cousin, we hit the megastore at Ave. Champs-Elysées.
As she had never been to one of these, I was the main chief of the operation. To my great surprise, the people waiting in line were three times more than when Versace's collection was launched, or even Lanvin's... Inexplicable. Marni is a well-known brand, but not extremely popular...
As the sun shone and we had plenty to talk about, we easily endured the one-hour wait. 
When we finally got inside, it was was total madness... Little was left of the accessories (Marni's strong point) and many women raced from one corner to the other like hunters. As I consider myself the "best" of hunters, I grabbed a bag and started with our rounds... We ended up catching most of what we desired. However, we have 30 days to return the pieces we don't want and receive our money back.
Back home, I did a selection and I'll be returning quite some things (Marni's looks are not my style) and giving other pieces as gifts. For me, I kept just two or three things (please, allow me not to tell you which right now...).
Anyway, as usual, a great work of marketing: each piece is of great quality and according prices. Shopping bags and packaging: colorful and fantastic. 
Who will be the next designer to be invited by Margaretha van der Bosch (H&M's head)?
Who konws?

No comments:

Post a Comment