Tuesday, March 6, 2012

YSL Automne/Hiver 2012-2013 show (Part II).

I chose to attend this show for many reasons... First, because of the time (7:30 pm), which was very convenient so as not to have to alter my daily activities. And of course then, because I love YSL and know the owners of the brand...
What I did not contemplate was the return of the bad weather and how far away was the magnificent Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie, where the show was to take place.
Anyway, I faced the cold and the rain (even my invitation got soaked), and got there.
It was worth it.
The whole place was stupendous and the mise en scène amazing. But, above all, it was announced as Stefano Pilati's last collection for YSL, because he will officially leave the Maison after 7 years... Many special guests (not all of them exclusives, for they were seen at other shows): Katy Perry (blue hair and all), Alicia Keys (who I love but at first could not recognize because she's a bit chubbier), actress Rosario Dawson, Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Huppert, Salma Hayek (wife to the owner) and, of course, Anna Wintour, André Léon Talley, Grace Coddington and all the top fashion editors of the whole world.
The show started with a half-hour-delay (an act of rebelliousness by Pilati, maybe?) and a total line-up of 39 looks were presented by 39 models, all with absolutely tight chignons by Guido Palau and shinny blood-red lips by Pat McGrath. I found myself asking how I would feel if I had to walk the runway looking like that... pretty uncomfortable, I guess. But then again, these girls are more professional than myself...
The collection showed lots of leather, black, pants and some chain mail dresses I really liked. Over all, a very interesting proposal, with touches of true YSL (I must say many designers nowadays shamelessly copy him all the time).
Who will be Pilati's heir? Hedi Slimane, as some say?
We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment