Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fashion Weeks F/W 2012-2013 (Paris)

I'm a bit overdue with my chronicles of the 2012/2013 Fall-Winter shows, but I cannot leave Paris without writing something about this last stop in the Fashion caravan, that twice a year travels around the main cities of the world. 
Paris, as usual, excelled and dazzled. Personally, I felt identified only with Lanvin's collection, which looked luxurious, rich, feminine and even colorful (a risky detail in Winter, considering the tendency to wear always black and grey). A special note for Elie Top's jewelry, which always enhance, with a refined touch, any dress or outfit.
Although I'd never (well, never say never!) buy something by Givenchy, I must admit this season's designs were special, very horsewoman, lots of leather with some sparks of red. A good collection.
As I've already told you, I hated Chanel's show... To think that, ten years ago, I loved it! I still use dresses and suits from those years. I wasn't moved by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton's collection, but the runway show was, by far, the BEST!! The train, the models dressed as in the 1910-20s, the "porteurs" carrying the luggage... Absolutely fabulous. Once again, dresses and coats over cropped pants, as seen in Prada's and Chanel's collection... Will I ever wear them like that? Not right now, but you never know...
I also liked some outfits by the new Maison Rabih Kayrouz, which had previously called my attention. Maxime Simoens for Leonard's show was also attractive.
Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli have strengthen their style chez Valentino. They were able to construct a style of their own without forgetting the legendary Valentino... A huge achievement.
I was let down by Azzaro's collection, as Vanessa Seaward is no longer designing for the house (she was great). The new head designer is the young Mathilde Castello Branco... I went to the show and did not like it one bit. It felt very "dejà vu," quite sad.
Ok then, now a recess till September (with Haute Couture week in July)... Oh, no! I was forgetting BAAM shows in Buenos Aires next week...
Fashion and more fashion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment