Thursday, February 16, 2012

Au Pays du Sang et du Miel...

After more than two weeks of peaceful quiet life in Paris, with cold and a flu, this morning I received an invitation that pushed me out of my routine. My friend Bernard-Henry Levy invited me to the avant-première of the movie directed by Angelina Jolie, "Au Pays du Sang et du Miel" (In the Land of Blood and Honey). She and Brad Pitt would be there. An invitation I couldn't refuse.
Of course, I took along my sister and my niece, both guests at my house, and together we went to the MK2, a complex in Bercy, where's the famous and gigantic library. At the entrance, there was a Red Carpet and lots of photographers. Once inside, we were able to follow the arrival of the other guests through the live broadcast on the screen of the theatre. Almost on perfect schedule, both actors arrived: Angelina, beautiful (but honestly beautiful), with a long off-white silk dress that I would say was Marchesa. She signed, with her left hand (she must be a lefty) an enormous amount of autographs and let herself be interviewed by, at least, a dozen TV cameras.
We saw it all from inside.
At 9:20 pm, Bernard-Henry climbed up the stage and presented the movie, which tells a love story in the middle of the Yugoslav wars of the 90s. And just as he was talking, Brad and Angelina came inside, absolutely stunning both of them, he carrying her by the arm and keeping a discreet second place.
Angelina and her actors joined Bernard on stage and he asked her how come an American girl, who in the 90s was just 20 years old, became interested and decided to direct a story based on a subject so removed and far from Hollywood...
She replied with kindness and simplicity, showing that she's no ordinary woman... But we could also prove so after watching her movie, which was quite good, engaging, hard and well-done. Excellent performances.
I was truly shocked by her incredible beauty, her inner light and intelligence, and of course her humanitarian compromise... Angelina is not from this world.
(Afterwards, they all went to dine at La Tour d'Argent.)

P.S.: I've just found out that Angelina's dress was from Ralph & Russo, unknown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment