Monday, February 27, 2012

Academy Awards 2012...

This post comes in two parts: first I'll be writing the texts from Paris, now at 10:30 am, and the Carla will be uploading the pictures when she gets up in Buenos Aires...
Since early I've been surfing fashion websites to scan and analyze all the looks seen yesterday on the Red Carpet... The time difference of 9 hours with Los Angeles made it impossible for me to follow the live broadcast!
So here are my choices...
Of course, Angelina Jolie, with a black velvet Atelier Versace. Stunning. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she would look great even if she wore a hemp bag. But I loved the lack of bijou, the loose natural hair, the red lips.
I was also impressed by the white, with cape, Tom Ford worn by Gwyneth Paltrow. I can not say the same of her hairdo, but the total look was very chic.
As an elegant lady, I would point out Glenn Close, with a Zac Posen. Meryl Streep, who I adore because she is an amazing actress, wasn't favored by her golden Lanvin... It's not easy to carry a Lanvin.
I didn't like the red dresses of Michelle Williams, Natalie Portman and Emma Stone... Red on the Red Carpet? It's easy to fade out...
Interesting Rooney Mara's Givenchy... Although she looked a bit too pale for me.
Cameron Diaz's Gucci was nice, but I don't like her anymore. Too ordinary was Jennifer López's Zuhai Murad: too much cleavage!
George Clooney's girlfriend, Stacy, looked pretty in a golden Marchesa. Also elegant was Sandra Bullock's Marchesa.
Penelope Cruz's Armani Privé wasn't fitting, too "old lady," as also the hairdo... I like Penelope on her wilder days.
Among the men, Christopher Plummer, with a velvet tuxedo, was amazingly elegant. He is one of my favorite actors and his performance in "Beginners" is fantastic.
A special note for "The Artist:" so many awards... Good for the French!
I follow Jean Dujardin since he's been doing "OSS 117," a parody of James Bond, also directed by Michel Hazanavicius.

No comments:

Post a Comment