Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sex & the City 2...

Thanks to a press invitation given to me by my good friend Fernanda, I had the privilege of watching tonight "Sex and the City 2," just two days before its premiere in Buenos Aires and only four days after its official premiere in New York!
I wouldn't have missed it at all... Not even if I had a date with the handsomest of men!!
And as I had a previous cocktail, I went "very Carrie Bradshaw:" shinny coat, mini dress, bare legs (with 11°C outside!) and Louboutin shoes of 12 cm heels... so like her.
I was thrilled to see my four friends again, those with who I shared so many nights of my life, watching the episodes of the six seasons... many I saw more than once!
So, as the movie begins and you see NYC, its buildings, its taxis and "the girls" walking down the streets as modern amazons, you get the chills... 
It's just that Sex & the City has captured us for so many years... it was able to show our most profound feminine essence, but also our most frivolous concerns... I don't know of any woman who has not liked the series...
The shoes, the dresses, the boyfriends and lovers, the wishes of having a family and its complete opposite, motherhood and its opposite... 
But in this new installment, things have changed... Inexplicably, "the girls" have aged too much... if not, can someone explain to me why Carrie has wrinkles (normal, for her age) and instead to Mr. Big, today John James Preston, not a day has passed??? He is younger and handsomer than ever!!!
Why does Samantha's free and joyful sexuality is transformed here into the delirious hallucinations of a menopausal woman. And Charlotte's freshness into the complaints of a doll of some other time...? 
Miranda, never the prettiest nor the sexiest, is the only one who bears with dignity the pass of time.
I repeat: it is unfair that Aidan, Stanford, Anthony and even Charlotte's and Miranda's husbands still look the same...
The part of Abu Dhabi is beautiful, with its souks (although we know that they are really Marrakech's), its Arabic luxuries and meals, its desserts and dunes... breathtaking.
The moral of the story is that what you wish and get does not bring the satisfaction you were waiting for... Beware what you wish, because you'll get it, reads an old saying.
Anyway, the movie (kind of kitsch in the fashion aspect) has one or two memorable moments: Liza Minelli's show, full of energy and talent, and Penelope Cruz's small guest appearance. 
My Carrie's favorite looks: the long, green Lanvin dress from the Finale, a pink Halston Heritage one-shoulder dress and an enbroidered white jacket. The rest I found to shinny and caricaturesque. Or maybe it was on purpose and I didn't get it...
Anyway, go see it. You can't miss it, even If you criticize it then. 
As for me, I'll go see every future installment... 3, 4, 5, 6... if they ever make them...

No comments:

Post a Comment