Sunday, June 27, 2010

My post number 100...

Destiny or not, I happen to be in Montepulciano, the Tuscan town where I was born, the very same day in which I'll be writing the post number 100 of the blog I've started almost 10 months ago...
Strange coincidence, a short-circuit between my past and my present, an unexpected confrontation with who I used to be and who I am now... All this moves me and intrigues me much...
So let's go to the post number 100 to try to put things straight.
To begin with, Montepulciano: a pure and magical place, full of eternity, olive trees, vines, masterpieces... It is here, under this atmosphere, where I've learned to walk, laugh and love, cry and set clear goals for my life. It's so important to never forget the landscapes that craft our sensitivity. You can be victim of grave dangers when you lose your inner compass...
So it was here, in Montepulciano, around the church of San Biagio (the most beautiful church in the world), crossing the Piazza Grande every day to reach school and staring at the beautiful landscapes of the Valdichiana, that I learned to dream of new horizons, to wish new worlds, to develop my curiosity and interest in others...
From there to writing a blog, although a small step in itself, the roads where extremely long...
Lots of people write blogs in a narcissistic attitude, completely self-centered... believe me, it's not my case!
I want to share my ideas, my experiences, for me, this blog is a feeling.
I'm so happy to have reached post number 100, I wish to reach the number 1000 or 10.000, who knows...
Thanks to all of you who read me, love me, hate me or criticize me... please never stop doing so!
Thanks to Carla for pushing me into the doorstep of this blog and for improving it with the pictures and photos. Thanks to Juan for his French translations.
And to my readers, once again, thanks for stimulating me in this adventure with your comments and suggestions. An adventure I do not know where it will take me, but that I certainly do want to continue...

Shopping for Montepulciano's well-known vino Nobile...

No comments:

Post a Comment