Monday, June 7, 2010

Beverly Hills, California...

I believe Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, even all of California, to be among the places I like the most in the entire World.
Is it because there the sun shines all year long?
Is it because Los Angeles is the Mecca for showbiz and movies, my greatest passion?
Is it because of all the movies I've seen as a child that had these landscapes as settings?
I don't know but every time I get to Los Angeles I feel like a kid in Disneyworld!
Everyone is so beautiful (mostly aspiring actors...), kind to visitors and wear shorts (not now that ther are a trend... since forever!!). The streets of Beverly Hills are so perfect and clean... they shine with the sun and the palm trees that decorate them. Not to mention the stores! The most luxurious brands in the world are present between Rodeo Drive, Wilshire Boulevard, CaƱon Dr. and Beverly Dr.
At first sight it seems as if the economic meltdown has never reached this part of the planet... But it is just an illusion, a mirage... 
I have lunch at The Ivy, a delicious restaurant on Robertson Blv., with my friend Allan Harriman, who works in finance and of course he confirms me that California has been hit by the crisis of course! In fact many locals are becoming residents in Las Vegas, Nevada, were taxes are less expensive (so much perfection on the streets cost money!!), and others are looking for new horizons... In Argentina, for instance. I tell Allan that since 2003 Argentina has experienced an interesting growth in the Real Estate market, but of course that growth has been affected by the international crisis and many local difficulties. However, many Real Estate agencies have tried to transform their work methodologies to gain unsatisfied demand and bring confidence to investors from abroad looking for new options to suit their portfolios. I tell Allan that I know an agency called Branson, owned by Hugo Koiffman. a former P.R. who has attracted many of those investors (mainly from Europe and the US), providing legal financial and tax advice. 
Allan appreciates my suggestion... Today, you can discuss business in Argentina will eating at a restaurant in Los Angeles, thanks to blackberries and iPhones...
I say my farewell to him and hit Melrose Ave.
The city waits for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment