Monday, January 9, 2012

Another "frivolous" gathering in Punta...

Putting my books aside, and my DVDs also, tonight I decided to leave my refuge here in Punta to go to José Ignacio. Another Grupo Mass+ event, another of those gatherings that make some of my readers dream or, instead, get on their nerves... 
For me, it was an opportunity to see all my friends together and spend a nice time.
In this case, Mercedes Benz invited a select group to a beach-house to honor Susana Giménez. 
Susana is always charming, spontaneous and natural. As I approached her with my sister (lovely in a nude one-shoulder Lanvin dress) in the living room where she was receiving the guests, she hugged me while saying "I love your jacket!" I sat to chat with her and she looked really beautiful, with a white trouser and golden top, her face rested and luminous. In fact, better than in pictures.
Her daughter, with her boyfriend, was also there, as many of her loyal friends. Some models, Polo players, nice women (I know I'm repeating myself, but it's true!). The food (which, as you can imagine, I didn't taste because I ate earlier at home) smelled delicious: brochettes and roasted squash medallions.
I was thrilled to see my dear friends Alliata di Montereale, the Charloux and Alessandro Boniperti with his girlfriend.
This is why I love these reunions: for someone like me, spending so much time abroad, Punta del Este means my chance to meet all those people I so much love.
As I had an hour-long trip back home, we hit the road pretty early.
As I went out, I gave away my VIP bracelet to a girl dying to get inside... Why not then?
PS: Worry not... I changed my shoes as I got inside and shifted my corcho platforms (so comfortable for walking in the sand) for a much appropriate pair of black sandals.

1 comment: