Friday, October 7, 2011

Coas Dinner 2011...

I promise not to publish photos of myself for a while... I've posted three in less than a week!!!
It's just that I've come from COAS (Cooperativa de Acción Social) Annual Dinner, which is one of the last charity events of the season, and of the year, before the presidential elections... And I want to tell you who it went!
As usual, an exceptional amount of people and many many donations. Almost all the most important brands and companies of Argentina wanted to be present to support COAS' volunteers, ladies who work, with no salaries, to gather the needed funds to buy and then donate equipments to public hospitals. And they achieve this with private donations, with the Feria de las Naciones, with COAS-Gourmet and anything else they can hold on to... Since they began, many decades ago, they were able to raise 50 million dollars and distribute the equivalent in equipments and machines to many many hospitals and health centers. A true successful cause.
Of course, the night had its share of frivolity, with splendid elegant women, dancing, shows (two songs from Chicago and Rent) and prizes to be drawn.
To my table I invited Argentine, French and Italian friends.
The music of the 70s made us dance and move all night...
Another COAS dinner. For me, probably, the number 15. But, as usual, a classic I never want to miss...

No comments:

Post a Comment