Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Visiting Ménage à Trois' boutique...

After two days of semi-reclusion at home, enjoying the pool, some yoga and gym and watching old movies on TV (I saw "The Maltese Falcon," by John Houston with Humphrey Bogart... a jewel, a true masterpiece...), tonight I went out again with some friends.
We went to a cocktail at La Barra and then we had dinner at Sipán, in Manantiales. The cocktail was at "Ménage à Trois," Amelia Chaban's boutique, owner of the brand also in Buenos Aires, but here in Punta del Este, she has more looks for the beach.
I was impressed by such a charming store and the amount of high-quality, mostly-imported, clothes! Definitely the dollar must be low because "imports" are back. I haven't seen any in Argentina since 2001. Amelia explained to me that due to the high cost of production, is cheaper to buy abroad and import.
The collection had clothes you could find also in Ibiza, Capri, St. Tropez, Sardegna... and everything of great taste. White shirts with lace appliqués by Ermanno Scervino, Alberta Ferrettti's dresses, silk chemisiers in various colors with sequins (divine!), beach totes and straw hats straight from Florence... I liked it all!!
Had I not had a well-stocked wardrobe or had I been a shop-aholic (which I'm not), I would certainly have taken quite some things... I'm glad Punta del Este has a boutique of European standards.
From La Barra we went to Manantiales, which this year is "the" place to be in Punta, to the peruvian-japanese restaurant Sipán. We had octopus in olive oil, salmon sashimi, maracuyá tiraditos, suspiros limeños and an excellent Chevalier de los Andes, an Argentine wine, a malbec of superior level...
The joy of the night, however, was shadowed by the news of the sudden death of Ninawa Daher, a young and talented journalist from C5N channel, who I use to follow every day in the midnight news... It made me really sad...
Life's like this... joy, frivolity and vanity blend in with tragedies, pain and loss...
Tomorrow I'm staying at home...
And before you ask... Roberto Cavalli's dress and bag by Bottega Veneta.

No comments:

Post a Comment