Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fiat's Party 2011

I swear it: this is the last time in this summer that I'll be posting on a party... Aren't you bored already?
And, although it's just January 16th, tonight's party was the last of the season. At least, the last of the many big parties that mark the season in Punta del Este.
And this one is my favorite for many reasons. A bit because, by this time now, you have befriended everyone... It's like being part of the ensemble cast of a theatre show... we are basically the same guests all the time and know how to perform. And another reason is that Fiat always organizes its parties in Tequila, Punta del Este's most famous disco and night club. I go to Tequila once a year: to this party! Of course I could go other nights, but I don't allow myself to do so... I do not frequent night clubs... But if Christiano Ratazzi, Fiat's President, cares to invite me... how can I refuse...? And less if the party is organized by my dear friends of + Mass Group: Wally, Facundo and Martín.
And so off we went, after the storm we had in Punta this afternoon. Obviously, everyone was there... but more than ever. Argentine friends and others form Italy and Uruguay. Powerful impresarios, politicians, ex-politicians, beautiful women. Many mini-skirts, as we've been seeing all summer long, and golden sequins. And heels and long blond hairs...
Excellent organization, with sushi to serve 600 guests, caipirihna, capiroska, capimaracujá... Music, jokes, stares... the usual, but more than usual.
And here we are... Time to go back to normal life, going to bed early, reading and visiting museums...
The summer will go on till March 21st, but social Punta del Este has ended today...
Till December...

No comments:

Post a Comment