Friday, January 7, 2011

Another night of parties... and hitting the road...

Going to José Ignacio two nights in a row it's just too much... Specially for someone like me who, in Punta del Este, lives downtown! 38 km to go and 38 to return home... But for some time now all parties and social events have moved north... In fact, in ten more years we'll be attending parties in the border with Brazil...
So tonight we went to the Chivas party, at the La Coronilla Resort, 3.5 km from the center of José Ignacio. When we finally made it there, we were taken in a van to the place were the cocktail-dinner was going to be held, together with a much-awaited concert by Crystal Waters, the African-American singer from the 90s. Her hit song was "Gipsy Woman" (which everyone knows). Everything was well organized, with a fewer crowd and much more intimate. As usual, many pretty girls and all the men after them. They wore miniskirts, of course. As we waited for the concert to begin, I watched them from afar and realized that most of them pick the wrong shoes. They go for weird looking boots or too heavy sandals... a real problem...
As for me, I'm all about feathers right now... I wore white ones in my dress to the Chandon Party (a Marchesa) and black ones tonight (Lanvin)... I don't know why... Maybe I'm trying to channel the new movie "Black Swan"?
Going to the party
Waiting for the concert with some friends and my sister

Everything was great, but I'm not going to José Ignacio again tonight... I'm staying home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment