Thursday, January 13, 2011

Discovering a new Punta del Este...

Still going out in Punta del Este... There's so many events!!
However I was not invited to the dinner in honor to Mario Vargas Llosa at La Bourgogne... I would have loved to go... Just to think about sharing a dinner with that talented and recent Nobel Prize winner... A pity.
Anyway, I did lots of interesting things, as getting to know a new Punta del Este, more cosmopolitan and luxurious. For instance, I was invited to dine at the restaurant "Las Piedras" at the Hotel Resort Fasano: a marvelous place, on the road to San Carlos, in the middle of the woods and a breathtaking landscape. The resort is the work of the famous Fasano family, grand hoteliers from Brazil. Everything is very refined, respecting local materials, such as rock and unpolished wood... An original architecture in the middle of a garden of cactus. 
Last night I went to the party that every year the Para Ti magazine organizes for a group of selected guests.
This time we were invited to "Casa Suaya," which is a Hotel plus restaurant, also on a privileged spot: the sand dunes on the road between José Ignacio and the lagoon. Another landscape with a rustic look, very "á la José Ignacio," which is what fits with the surrounding environment. I hadn't been in it before and it was a nice surprise. 
In total we were around 50 people, with Lola Ponce, Carolina Ardohain and Dolores Barreiro among others, and with the editors of the magazine all looking after us. 
To eat, black hake (merluza), which is "the" fish to order in Punta, always fresh and, due to the great demand, tasty and native.
I wore one of my Lanvin for H&M dresses...
I think I've already said this, but tonight I'm staying home... Need to rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment