Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time flies in Punta del Este...

Days go by in Punta and my agenda is so intense I don't even notice!!!
Because other than going to one or two parties, I do a lot of sports (it's the right place), read as many newspapers as I can, try to predict how the economy will turn out in 2011 in Argentina and the rest of the world, I look after my house and my guests, I'm finishing Umberto Eco's last book ("Il Cimitero di Praga"), which is quite complex, and I go often to the hair salon. Not to mention my morning shopping for groceries at the Tienda Inglesa, which is always crowded, so much so that I have learned to slalom between carts.
Party invitations, mainly in the form of bracelets, start to pile in my desk... there's never been so many...
Yesterday I went to the opening of the new "La Dolfina" boutique, by Adolfito Cambiaso and Ernesto Gutiérrez. Very charming. I was stunned by the many new and shinny stores around 20th street in la Punta.  They made me feel like being in Miami's Lincoln Road.
The more sought-after meetings are the private ones. In the previous days I had one organized by an Italian friend. Lots of fun. There were many Italians, of course, and a group of Brazilian and Swedish models of incredible beauty (Italian men go nuts over tall women, even more than them, exotic, young and, if possible, models), all dressed with miniskirts and high heels, very à la Balmain.
To eat, pasta... Tasty as only the Italians can cook it. Among the guests, were many socialites from Milano and Venice.
Punta del Este has become so cosmopolitan lately... I sometimes feel like in St. Moritz in Winter or in St. Tropez in Summer.
Tonight there's another private party, this one organized by a Lebanese impresario. They say it's going to be spectacular.
And days just go by...

No comments:

Post a Comment