Monday, September 2, 2013

My week in Bs. As...

What a week!
So many things to do in Buenos Aires: social meetings, runway shows and even a Ballet Gala.
The 39th Edition of BAAM (Buenos Aires Alta Moda) began this past Monday. An average of 3 runway-shows a day, a total of 26 presentations, all of them impeccably orchestrated by Héctor and Manu Vidal Rivas.
I went to three of them (Teresa Calandra's, DOT by Laurencio Adot's and Clarin Mujer's) and, as usual, I had lots of fun. 
Summer looks, by Teresa Calandra.
On Tuesday night I went to the ACE Awards ceremony at the El Nacional theatre, where I had the pleasure of bumping into the greatest stars of Argentine theatre, such as Agustín Alezzo, Marilú Marini, Oscar Martínez, Cecilia Roth, Leonor Manso and many more. But mostly I had the chance to share the joy for the awards given to "Le Prenom", a production by RGB, which received the Best Comedy award and the Best Direction award for Arturo Puig. As I've witness, from the very start, the adventure of bringing to Buenos Aires this French piece, I felt proud of my brother-in-law's great job. Congrats Gustavo!
On Friday I've been at the 3rd Gala de Ballet de Buenos Aires, at the Coliseo Theatre, where we enjoyed the performance of a group of very young and talented dancers from around the world: the Russians Sergei Polunin and Daniil Simkiin, Argentines Luciano Barrirero, Pablo Fermani, Juan Pablo Ledo, Colombian Oscar Chacon and Canadian Jason Reilly, among others. All of them outstanding.
The theatre roared in applauses.
Ready to go to the Coliseo.
Finally, after such a hectic week, I spend this Sunday watching TV in my bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment