Monday, September 30, 2013

Lanvin...

As usual, Fashion Week is a hectic time in Paris: traffic, full restaurants, and lots of women using the latest trends.
This season I decided to attend only two events (I had to return to Buenos Aires for a few days): the  Alaïa exhibition at the Musée Galliera and Lanvin's runway show.
Alber Elbaz from Lanvin, as everybody knows, is one of my favourite designers, and his shows are always a big event.
It's a rule of courtesy and gesture of admiration to attend a show wearing something by the designer in question. In this opportunity, many took the massage-necklaces that have become the IT items of the season: Love, Help, Happy, Cool, Beyond, Lanvin. I've been using my "Happy" for a couple of months now and I love it. It's a nice, positive word. So there we went, my sister and I, both wearing Lanvin and our necklaces.
The collection was shocking, with extremely shinny fabrics, almost metallic. Some pants and jackets, very 80s (which for me was the worst decade in fashion).
Skirts under the knees, wonderful accessories (the work of the brilliant Elie Top), bags that looked as garbage bags (????) and much more...
These are the three looks I liked best. I'll have to wait to see how they look at the boutique.
Of course, we then went to congratulate dear Alber and madame Wang (the main stockholder of the brand). As usual, a great pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment