Sunday, October 7, 2012

Isabel Allende...

I've dreamed with La Casa de los Espíritus, I've cried with Paula, I've enjoyed with Afrodita and felt moved by Hija de la Fortuna... For years, I've never missed one of her novels!

Then I started spending more time in Europe, time flew by... But I've never forgotten her.
That's why, two weeks ago, when some French friends of mine suggested we organize a dinner in her honor at home (for she was in Paris, after having spent some time in Denmark, where she was given an award), I felt thrilled. Of course, I accepted their proposal with great joy.
And the truth is she is a charming lady, intelligent, fun, very humble. A true pleasure. With her husband, the writer William Gordon, they make a lovely couple. 
She brought me a box of chocolates from San Francisco, the city where she lives, which she herself specially chose. I tried one, with chili and cinnamon! Perfect for such a spicy woman!
We were all charmed by her and, before leaving, she greeted each one with a kiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment