Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tonight I cried because I'll never know how to tango...

Although I've just arrived from Marrakech, tonight I went to see the last performance in Paris, at the Theatre du Chatelet, of "Tanguera." This amazing Tango show, created in 2002 by Diego Romay and Mora Godoy, has already toured the world with huge success and, for the second time (the first one was in 2008), is being presented here, in Paris.
I've already seen the show in Buenos Aires, but I couldn't help seeing it again on a different setting and, above all, in such a passionate city for tango as Paris is... By the theatre's doors, many handed out brochures announcing tango classes in different Parisian neighborhoods... Tempting!
But no, it won't be. After 85 minutes of the best tango in the world, danced by incredible professionals, I've realized I will never be able to tango dance... I have no talent.
Theirs, however, is huge. And all the audience perceived it so, because they were given a standing ovation and asked for more, which they happily complied. A pleasure.
As usual, everything that has to do with Argentina gets me emotional... It must be that my heart just belongs there...

No comments:

Post a Comment