Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Auction of Elizabeth Taylor's jewels at Christie's...

To tell you the truth, I didn't feel like dressing up and going out... I would have stayed at home... It's already cold, it's Fall and it gets dark much earlier now...
But, how could I not go to the private exhibition of Elizabeth Taylor's jewels, to be auction between the 13th and the 17th of December in Christie's New York?
I'm a great fan of the recently deceased actress. She was also a pisces, like myself. So, in her honor, I got dressed and gathered strength to leave home. All of Paris was there, including the Counts of Paris, the Princess of Bragance, the Duchess of Orléans and Hubert Guerrand Hermès, among others. I was very lucky to be also invited to the conference by Madame Francoise Cailles, an expert in the study of pearls. She told us the story of the "Peregrina," a unique pearl of 204 grs, that is more than 500 years old. In 1969, Richard Burton gave it to Liz and since then it has taken part of her collection. Now it's on sale...
I was bewitched by all the pieces... Cartier's ruby earrings, the huge "Elizabeth Taylor" diamond solitaire (33,19 karats), the "Mike Todd" earrings, JAR's ball clips... All those jewels have a soul and a particular story and were used by one of the most important actress in the history of cinema. Who will buy them now? I can only tell you that part of the money raised during the auction will go to the foundations she has always supported...

No comments:

Post a Comment