Thursday, September 29, 2011

Don't cry for me Argentina...

Photo credit: Johnny Vilagrain
For the second time in a row, we had an Argentine Fashion Week à Paris.
Thanks to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Argentina and the Fundación ExportAR, seven of the best Argentine designers and their favorite models traveled to Paris to present their collections in a great show on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower, at the Gustave Eiffel salon.
Lucky enough, this September 29th proved to be a splendid summer day, sunny and hot. As another tourist of the crowd, I went to the Eiffel Tower and waited in line to get to the elevator... 
With enormous joy I met many dear Argentine and Brazilian friends, all gathered by Abraao Ferreira, who was in charged of the press and guests. 
After an acceptable delay, the show began with the native looks proposed by Cardón, which were then followed by the Haute Couture dresses by Laurencio Adot, Iaia Cano and Claudio Cossano (absent due to a personal tragedy, but well represented by model Liz Solari, beautiful with her new haircut...).
It was then the turn of Carlos di Doménico, always glamorous, of Jorge Ibañez, with model Ingrid Grudke, and of Gabriel Lage, who wrapped-up the show with an amazing embroidered nude dress, worn by Carolina Pampita Ardohain.
All designers tried to show their best: shocking and shining dresses to wear at night. Will Parisians believe Argentine women dress like that every day? That they always go out looking like that? Jokes apart, the runway presented a sensual, mysterious and quite fatale woman.
Photo credit: Johnny Vilagrain
The grand finale came with Madonna's version of "Don't cry for me, Argentina." And I'm so romantic, that every time I listen to it, I cry!
Do to my anxiety to attend the show, I left at home my camera... A pity!
I took these pictures with my iPhone... I apologize for the mediocre results.
P.S.: Thanks to Johnny Vilagrain, official photographer of the show, I can post better ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment