Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Going out on a night of "Eté Indien" in Paris...

There's a famous French song by Joe Dassin, an artist who died too young and who is one of my favorites, which is called "L'eté Indien." It talks about those wonderful days that, in the northern hemisphere, by the end of September and beginning of October, mysteriously bring back the Summer.
And this year in Paris we seem to be having a lovely "eté indien." Today we had 26°C and it is said that we'll be having a week of sun and days with 30°C.
Paris is, usually, marvelous but now, with this radiant sun, incredible light and amazing dusks, it's absolutely breath-taking.
The best part is that this meteorological phenomenon comes just in time for the Fashion Week, so it's impossible to stay at home!
This afternoon I took my friends Alessandro and Viviana, an Italian and an Argentine model, guests at my house and in Paris because of the runway show of the Argentine designers, to a cocktail and then dinner out.
First, we went to the cocktail at Ralph Lauren's boutique on Avenue Montaigne, where the brand was presenting it's new challenge: a jewelry collection. Many beautiful pieces, big golden bracelets and watches with black crocodile leather straps and diamonds on the face.
It's going to be a huge success.
All of Paris was there. I'd like to point out model Tasha de Vasconcellos, who looked amazing.
Then we went to Galignani, my favorite bookshop, where writer Charles Dantzig was presenting his last novel "Dans un avion pour Caracas." Apart from knowing Charles personally, he's a great and educated writer and I had already read the book, which I absolutely loved. It's always a pleasure to hear someone who knows what he's talking about!
To wrap the night, we went to have dinner at Mathis, which is a restaurant-lounge where you can find the most diverse of people: from actors such as Francis Huster to international artists, high-society women and outcasts of the night.
I go there because of their lentil salad and the sesame-crusted tuna.
After dinner I left my friends to enjoy the pleasures of Paris by night and went back home, as Cinderella... my carriage-blog was waiting for me to update it...

No comments:

Post a Comment