Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Taking the plane to Paris...

With a mixture of feelings (joy, fear, tiredness, curiosity) I jumped into my "plane" dress: a black, super classic, sleeve-less, 1998 Chanel dress. Chanel. together with Lanvin, is one of the few Maisons that include the production date on the labels of their clothes, so you can always tell when they were done and know how old they are...
So, back to my post, with my LBD, my three huge suitcases and my carry-on, I sped to Ezeiza to board Air France 417 flight, the one that every day, in the afternoon, connects Buenos Aires to Paris. For me it's like a branch of my house. I always know where I'll be seating (by the aisles, because I'm claustrophobic), what I'll be eating (I take my own food from home: soy burgers, veggies and fennel tea... what they serve on the plane is usually too salty for my taste...), what I'll be reading (the last issues of the main French magazines will be available on board and I devour them with passion...), etc.
After so many years of "hopping" from one country to the other, this travel routine is part of my life. Luckily I'm not afraid of flying: the plane can shake as a cocktail maker that I won't notice.
This time, the only difference with previous flights was the VIP service I was offered by Aeropuertos Argentina 2000, courtesy of Jorge Lukowsky... a pleasure.
The rest went by as usual and as soon as the "fasten your seat belts" sign was off, I ran to change into my "plane" sweat pants and my black cashmere cardigan, also for "plane use." That's when I realized it needed replacing. This one is from 1997, when my bag was stolen at Roissy's Airport and the one I had, disappeared with it... 
I love the time alone I spend on board. You get to see everything from another point of view, judge what you've been doing, what you'll be doing and what you want to do. That's why I always carry my red Filofax with me, to jot down thoughts, ideas, lists of things to do... In spite of considering myself quite "cybernetic," there are certain things I prefer to write in my own handwriting.
After putting my watch 5 hours forward, one of my secrets to avoid jet-lag, I saw one of the movies, "Blue Valentine" (really sad love story), and fell into a refreshing sleep...
... Which was interrupted when one of the passengers opened his window and the sun invaded the cabin...
We were close to landing.
And there was Paris, splendid this time of the year, by the end of Summer and the beginning of Winter, waiting for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment