Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding in England...

So finally, William and Kate got married.
I missed no detail and watched the three-hour live broadcast on Antenne 2. Through my HD (high definition) TV, I could see many flaws: too heavy make-ups (Victoria Beckham's, for example), wrinkles and dark circles (even those of the bride, but totally understandable due to the stress and pressure)...
But Catherine, with her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen's gown, looked radiant and the dress fitted her to perfection, with her thin waist. The lace sleeves reminded me of those of Grace Kelly's wedding dress, when she became Princess of Monaco. I wasn't very convinced by her loose hair and found the veil maybe too close to her head, but other than that, she was a beautiful bride!
Very elegant was the Queen with her yellow ensemble (she's forced to wear very defined hues so that she can easily be identified in the crowd, in case of emergency...), and super chic was Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. I loved her beige coat and hat. David Beckham was really handsome, although I would have avoided that hair-do which looked too much like a gel ad. How mean I am today!
Anyway, I cried myself out. It's automatic... I cry in every wedding, even those of people I don't know. But in this case it was extremely moving to think that more than 2 billion people were following the live broadcast, 10.000 journalists have been sent to cover the event... the eyes of the world set on London.
And I believe no one felt disappointed... Everything was perfect: the music, the procession, the organization and the love of the English people to their Monarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment