Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Concert at the Teatro Colón...

Since its opening, on May 25th 2010, I've been willing to go to the newly renovated Teatro Colón. My last time there was on May 2003 and I cried with Puccini's "Tosca."
Today, after so many years, I entered again the glorious Colón...
Thanks to an invitation from French Ambassador in Argentina, Mr. Jean-Pierre Asvazadourian, and Buenos Aires' Minister of Culture, Mr. Hernán Lombardi, I enjoyed an exclusive performance of French pianist Bertrand Chamayou, a 30-year-old talent that is considered a huge promise by the French. Since 2006 he is touring the world masterly performing music by Franz Listz, Félix Mendelsshon, Camille Saint-Saens... as he did exactly tonight. In an hour-and-a-half-long concert, just him, with his piano on the majestic stage, he delighted us all with his huge talent.
And what can I possibly say about the Colón?
I adore theaters, their halls, their red velvets and dorés, that mystery that surrounds them... I always feel the presence of a ghost moving around, just as in the Opera. And tonight I was not deceived. The Colón still remains as splendid as ever...
A special note for the Tandem PARIS-BUENOS AIRES, which is to bring us many more amazing performances and exhibitions.
Bertrand Chamayou

No comments:

Post a Comment