Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gala at the Musée d' Orsay...

I want to let you know that yesterday I had the pleasure and honor of being invited to a Gala at the Musée d' Orsay to celebrate the inauguration of Manet's mega exhibition.
(Before you ask, I wore a blue dress and bolero jacket from Oscar de la Renta, which I borrowed from my sister, Rosella, because mine, due to a mistake from the boutique, did not reach me in time. You might wonder why I wanted to dress myself like that no matter what... I don't know... I wanted to do so for Manet...)
Moving on to more important things, let me tell you that before dinner we had the privilege of visiting privately the entire exhibition, one of the most beautiful ones I've seen in the past years. I love Manet. Since my days as a History of the Arts student, his work has always produced on me an incredible feeling of pleasure and admiration. This is why I did not hesitate to accept the invitation to the Gala sent by the Societé des Amis du Musée d' Orsay. The President of the Societé is the Count Edouard de Ribes, a great Art lover, full of friends. More than 300 people joined him yesterday... the "tout Paris."
Just by itself the Musée d'Orsay is unique... But to stand in front of the "Olympia," one of the most disturbing nudes in the History of the Art, or to feel part of "Le dejeuner sur l'herbe," is almost like being in Paradise! Or to witness Manet's particular use of black, the suit in "L'Amazon" or Berthe Morisot's dresses... all that has always caught my attention. The biography of this artist is as exceptional as his entire work. The exhibit will be open till July 5th.
After touring the museum (which I did twice to miss no detail), we were invited to a cocktail in the main hall (which used to be a train station and still has the marvelous antique clock, always à l'heure...) and then we were guided to the first floor, where the sumptuous dinner was held, under a ceiling of frescoes and dorés. Thanks to the kindness of the Baroness Philippine de Rothschild, we were served an exceptional Mouton Rothschild 1999...
Among the most elegant women, of course, the Countess Jacqueline de Ribes, Madame Schwartzmann (with an Oscar de la Renta) and Coco Brandolini, in Prada and Louboutin, but not on her feet... by her arm! Because Christian was her partner... I went to greet him and he had amazing patent leather shoes... designed by himself, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment