Thursday, May 26, 2011

Harper's Bazaar in Argentina...

This afternoon I went to the cocktail to celebrate the launch of the Argentine version of the magazine Harper's Bazaar. Finally this great fashion and beauty magazine has its local edition.
Her editor-in-chief is Ana Torrejón, who already has a long and interesting experience in the world of fashion magazines for women, because she used to be in charge of the Argentine Elle Magazine.
The cocktail took place at the Faena Hotel, where I haven't been for a long time and still keeps that Argentine-modern charm: a mixture of local-antique with New York futurism. I love it.
But back to the cocktail, everyone was there, of course because the Grupo Mass+ organized it all. From a representative of the American Harper's Bazaar to Juliana Awada, lots of models and other magazine editors, together with many journalists covering the event (even my beloved Roberto Funes Ugarte was there working for C5N).
Everything turned out perfectly and it was lovely to see so many friends again. Before you ask, I wore my blue one-shoulder Lanvin which I took to the Sotheby's Gala in Paris. My sister also chose a Lanvin, but hers, more daring and original, with black feathers.
I hope the magazine meets a huge success here. 
Later, together with Roberto, I went to the Restaurant Tô, at the Hotel Mio Buenos Aires. It was a first for me and I was positively impressed by the decoration and general look of the place. Great food, argentine-japanese fusion. I felt as if being in Los Angeles, with a touch of local tango.
Another restaurant I visited these past days is that of the Hotel Algodon Mansion. Excellent. Both in Recoleta, which has become again an IT neighborhood...
I'm behaving like a tourist in the city where I've lived half of my life... and I can tell it has changed a lot... for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment