Monday, February 28, 2011

The Best and Worst Dressed of 2011's Academy Awards.

I could not miss this year's Oscars... although as I'm in Paris, the time difference with L.A. is huge... 9 hours!!!
So I was just able to see something before surrendering to late night sleep. Above all, I got to see much of the Red Carpet that, for us, women, it one of the most attractive parts of the TV broadcast. 
As usual, I liked best the lighter and brighter dresses... As actresses arrive very early to the Kodak Theatre (around 3 p.m.), darker dresses don't look so well under the sun and the light of day.
Anyway, here's my choice of the best and worst dressed:

Best
1. Halle Berry. She wore a nude embroidered Marchesa that was really divine.
2. Cate Blanchett. A Givenchy Haute Couture dress, very original and "très chic." And she had the right haircut, the right height... just perfect.
3. Hilary Swank. I do not like her body type that much, but I adored her Gucci Première dress, grey, with sequins and feathers.
4. Anne Hathaway. Because of the red vintage Valentino (I have one very similar) and because she arrived hand in hand with Valentino himself. Very "top."
5. Michelle Williams. A Chanel, nude and young, very nice.

Worst
1. Nicole Kidman. She wore a 2009 Haute Couture Christian Dior dress that looked too stiff... I hated it... and the shoes... red!!
2. Helena Bonham Carter. What can I say?... A costume by Collen Atwood, black and sinister. We forgive her because she is English and such a great actress.
3. Penélope Cruz. She is one of my favorite and most beautiful actresses in Hollywood, but after giving birth to her son just a month ago, such a shinny dress did not look good on her. A very vulgar L'Wren Scott outfit.
4. Sharon Stone. I usually love the way she dresses, but yesterday, her black Dior, made her look like Morticia Adams.
5. Scarlett Johansson. An awful Dolce & Gabbana purple lace dress, with transparencies... not good...

Just a few words about the men... Not only he's a great actor, but Colin Firth is also handsome and elegant... tall, chic and married to an Italian.
Lousy host, yet very sexy, James Franco is better as an actor and writer than as a showman. 
I loved Jeremy Renner, ugly and tough, but interesting and sexy. He's the supporting actor of "The Town," which I've already seen twice.
My beloved Javier Bardem has gained too much weight... Does not look good on him...

1 comment:

  1. Weel, nine months of pregnancy took a toll on him more than on his wife, it seems.....

    ReplyDelete