Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back in Paris...

Et voilá, as the French say... I'm back in the cold Paris. I left behind the 32°C of Buenos Aires and was received by -3°C and grey skies. But this doesn't bother me at all, I love changes, even if they are a little abrupt as this one!
Women in the streets still wear their Winter uniforms: mini skirts or shorts, dark leggins, Uggs, feather jackets or doudounne, hat and gloves. Everything rigorously black. However, the French seem to feel rather happy. Winter is about to finish... a month and a half to go and soon Spring will be at the door. Parc Monceau, just in front of my house, already shows some trees with flowers.
On February 11th Winter holidays will begin and the most important ski resorts, such as St. Moritz, Gstaad or Courcevel, already have no vacancies.
There's no reason though to leave town, for there's plenty of interesting things to do here too. In few days, at the Musée du Luxembourg, will open the exhibit "Cranach et son temps," very awaited and extremely interesting. At the Centre Georges Pompidou is "De Stijl et Mondrian," which I've not yet visited and will be open till March 21st. Also in theaters there's plays worth seeing, such as "Une Journée Ordinaire," a modern comedy by Eric Assous, written specially for Alain Delon and where he'll be sharing stage for the first time with his daughter Anouchka Delon. They've already worked together on TV, but never in theatre. And although everyone thought it would be the typical play specially written to attract Delon's fans and show him in a familiar situation, it seems it's actually quite good and both do a great job.
As for the movies, I went to see Darren Aronofsky's "Black Swan," with Natalie Portman. I liked it very, very much. The story is strong and distressing, the cast amazing and Natalie Portman deserves the Academy Award! But in fact the entire ensemble works perfectly: Vincent Cassel, Winona Ryder (in a small but decisive role), Mila Kunis (I didn't know her, but she's an actress with a great future). I strongly recommend it to you!
And now I'll get my coat and will go out to the big city... There's always so much to discover...

No comments:

Post a Comment