Monday, October 19, 2009

Agatha in BA


I just got home from the runway-show by Agatha Ruiz de la Prada at the Embassy of Spain. It‘s Agatha‘s first time in Argentina.
And to tell you the truth, I actually came back feeling so happy and light spirited!!!
Various reasons:
To begin with, the Embassy looked lovely: the runway,
the lighting… everything perfectly orchestrated by Para Tí Magazine, who is hosting Agatha‘s visit here. Among the very selected audience of just 300 ("trier sur le volets"), there were models, actresses, socialites, designers and many just curious to see something from abroad.
And then, Agatha‘s happy nature (she is just like a Peter Pan with a skirt!) is so contagious and was shown in her clothes, full of colour, dots, lines and hearts and even on the models on the runway, all of them smiling!



Agatha Ruiz de la Prada is a Spanish aristocrat, married to the owner of the Spanish newspaper "El Mundo", but in spite of her condition, she has worked hard to impose her views on fashion and, most of all, her philosophy on life: the importance of creation and optimism, above all things.
It is possible to find her touch on many objects, such as phones, toys, carpets…
She came here this time to present her sixth fragance, "Oh la lá".


I‘ll tell you a story: I‘ve known Agatha from Paris. A couple of months ago, I got to travel with her on an Easy-Jet flight from Paris to Milan. Low-cost traveling is a good way to avoid private planes and do a little something for our environment. In fact, that flight must have cost 39 euros! I was traveling with a cousin of mine, who is a duchess and even has a Castle! The three of us just got lucky and got seats on the first aisle!
It was really early in the morning and I guess we bearly said hi.
Can you believe that the first thing Agatha told me tonight was that she remembered that flight and how I changed my beloved Havaiianas flip-flops for my Louboutins upon landing in Milan? She even told it in front of the TV cameras!
Well, that‘s Agatha, pure happiness and enjoyment.
I hope she does well here in Argentina, and that we learn to appreciate her…

No comments:

Post a Comment