Thursday, October 15, 2009

Football Night in BA...

Yesterday I`ve been to a coktail held at the Cartier Boutique on Alvear Avenue. As Mother`s day draws near, the prestigious brand presented it`s Trinity Collection, which key note is the mixture of three golds: white, red and yellow. Like every other creation of the House, this one also proved refined and classy.
But what was probably out of their minds while organizing the gathering was a tiny tiny detail: Argentina`s Football Team would be in Montevideo fighting life and death to get to South Africa 2010 World Cup.
So, as you can probably guess, we were mostly women and the few men around looked in a hurry to run home and suffer in front of the TV watching the game.
In spite of October`s cool weather, I wore a Michael Kors mini-dress with Louboutin sky-high heels... Yeah! A totally summery outfit!
My sister, proving once again how different we can sometimes be, wore a Lanvin black leather coat with fur... Two ways of seeing life, I guess.
Anyway, before heading back home, I had to stop by the Disco supermarket on Quintana.
As I shopped, I felt a reproving look following down the aisles... Of course! Everyone was still dress for winter!! I even heard a lady asking her husband how come I wasn`t cold. "I`m leaving, I`m leaving,"I said embarrassed.
I run home to watch the game.
If it was cold in Montevideo, so much more here, in Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment