Monday, March 4, 2013

Saint Laurent F/W 2012-2013...

It must be said that, no matter how much you may love fashion, after a whole Fashion Week, even a fashionista like myself can get tired.
And I have only been to 3% of the shows!
But it is the city which transforms into a huge show: hundreds of men and women that have something to do with the Fashion world, such as buyers, journalists, bloggers, models, makeup artists, invade the restaurants, the shops, the streets. And the events: cocktails, showroom meetings, store openings, magazine parties, etc.
The traffic gets chaotic and there's no place at any restaurant in town... However, it's always fun to see the most unusual looks (specially those of the Asians!) and it's no surprise to bump into a girl in golden sequins at 10 am. This circus will be over by Wednesday 6th and, till September (although in July we have three days for the Haute Couture shows), we'll be relaxed and I'll be able to go to the gym every morning.
This afternoon, after stopping by at the cocktail at Roger Vivier's store, I went to the much-awaited Saint Laurent's show.
Everyone was there, including special guests Kirsten Dunst and Jessica Chastain (she was the muse for the label's latest perfume). However, what really caught my attention was Kirsten's boyfriend, an American actor called Garrett Hedlund. Stunning is not enough... I have already seen him in the movie  "On the Road" but today I confirmed that in person he is far better... A future Brad Pitt.
Ok, then, back to Hedi Slimane's collection for Saint Laurent... What can I say?
It all looked to me like H&M's collection, but with a touch of grunge. I liked it, because I like miniskirts and the little dresses with white collars, because I love leather jackets and because behind my "lady with a Lanvin dress look" hides a "bad girl"... But of the true YSL I've seen nothing. Nothing at all. Not even a memory.
I leave it to you to judge as soon as Carla posts the photos... Mine are awful (see this one below as an example).
Is it because I've spent too much time staring at Garrett...?
I'll go to bed now, tomorrow I'll have an early start for Chanel's show...
PS: I was wearing an Alexander Vauthier dress.
 And here... A photo of Garrett with Kirsten, on the Front Row...

No comments:

Post a Comment