Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Le Prenom"

Le Prenom, in French, means "the name." Thus, the title of the play by authors Matthieu Delaporte and Alexander de la Patellière, which premiered last night at the Multiteatro in Buenos Aires.
I must say that I felt extremely proud to see that the Argentine production had nothing to envy its French counterpart, not only in the casting choices but in Arturo Puig's direction (although this was his directorial debut, he made an excellent job!). 
The production, by RGB, was also sensational.
Allow me to tell you something: two years ago I was invited to Paris' première of "Le Prenom," with the performance of Patrick Bruel, a friend of mine, and I loved it. I laughed out loud, and back home, I told my sister, who also went to see it. One thing led to the other and... voilá: "Le Prenom" is in Bs. As.
Last night, at the première, apart from the press, there were many guests, including famous actors, and my favourite: Ricardo Darin.
It's so nice to mingle with the "theatre crowd." With great joy, I took my seat and I wasn't let down... As all the audience, I laughed from begining to end!! Outstanding cast: Carlos Belloso, incredible; Germán Palacios, so handsome and excellent; Mercedes Funes, too. My favourite: Jorgelina Aruzzi... simply amazing.
I could tell you the plot... but I won't. so you'll go and see it. You'll thank me for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment