Sunday, May 27, 2012

Promenade at Alvear Ave.

When I'm in Buenos Aires, little things give me so much pleasure as having lunch at Alvear Hotel's L'Orangerie. I feel like being transported to the 1900s to revive the essence of the Buenos Aires of the Past... Nothing seems to have changed. Everything is impeccable, scented, shinny but not pretentious. And the food is exquisite. Matías, the chef, spoils me with the best of sashimis.
This week I went a couple of times and, as I wasn't in a hurry, I took a walk around Galerie Promenade, just beside the Hotel, to do some window-shopping in its boutiques.
I've seen beautiful clothes at El Camarín, refined lengerie at Calin (rumor has it it's about to close... what a pity...), jewels at Ignacio Bárcena and the splendid boutique Le Lapin Blanc... As I was leaving, I stepped into MCG Antiquités, which belongs to a friend of mine who used to have a famous antique store some time ago, in St. Tropez. I was overwhelmed by the beautiful furniture, specially by an English  "bonheur du jour," from the Victorian period, which used to belong to the famous Mexican actress María Félix.
There was also a side-board from the 17th Century... A true English jewel.
So many treasures hidden in my beloved Buenos Aires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment