Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MET's Costume Institute Gala 2012...

Although barely landed from my Air France flight, which brought me back to Buenos Aires, I could not resist my curiosity to check on the internet the Red Carpet photos of yesterday's Met's Costume Institute Gala...
This year it served as opener for the Museum's new exhibition Schiaparelli-Prada: Impossible Conversations... Everyone is dying to see it, including myself. As usual, this Gala is a much awaited event in the Fashion world and it's become a runway for celebrities to show the creations of certain designers that usually walk the Red Carpet with them....
As Prada was the one being honored, many guests wore her designs and I liked none of them... except Anna Wintour's, I guess. I love Prada, I truly enjoy wearing Prada's clothes (and I'm not the devil!!), but I do not like her designs for the night, they don't look good on the Red Carpet.
Awful was Jessica Biel's dress, and also her hairdo. I wasn't into Giselle Bundchen's either: her chignon was too tight, not at all fitting to her beauty.
On the other hand, I loved Cate Blanchett with a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress. It looked amazing. I also think Renée Zellweger looked best than ever in a black Pucci. 
There were many Pucci dresses, all of them designed by Peter Dundas, and quite good in general. Others, however, were complete disasters, as for example, Sarah-Jessica Parker's Valentino and Mary-Kate Olsen's The Row (her brand!!). Excessive and tacky were most of Dolce & Gabbana's designs.
Beautiful to me were Scarlett Johanssen (very sexy) and Beyoncé, with a very provocative Givenchy Haute Couture which only the most beautiful woman in the world (People magazine dixit) can afford.
A special note to Sofía Vergara, in Marchesa. This Colombian charm is getting more and more famous in the US and improving after each event.
I invite you to check all the looks on style.com. Have fun...!

No comments:

Post a Comment