Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pachá...

As my loyal readers know, I'm no fan of nightlife. But to be in Ibiza, Mecca of the nightclubs, and go to no party is almost ridiculous...
This is why I said yes to an invitation to the famous Pachá, where Carlos Martorell, a world-known P.R, organized a Flower-Power-themed party. Having to get there by 1 a.m. sounded already like an adventure to me, but I had to cope. The dress-code demanded a 70s' look, inspired in the hippie flower-power era, so I used, for the thirtieth time, my beloved Oscar de la Renta dress, with two silver cuffs I bought on a street stall. It was the most appropriate look I could find.
What a thrill to be in a real disco! The music... wonderful! I couldn't stop dancing and watching others dance, to imitate their steps. I enjoyed myself a lot. A very good-looking, half-naked waiter came to offer me a drink... I would have ordered a chamomile tea! But I improvised and asked for a "vodka with tonic" (?). Of course, I did not even taste it.
Among the VIP guests were Natalia Vodianova and the Hilton sisters, both playing with their blackberries.
Many Spanish personalities, such as Ana Obregón, and some Italian vedettes, such as Simona Ventures. Also others I couldn't recognize. 
By 2 a.m. we were out, and as we stepped on the street, we saw the never-ending line to get inside... 
I've been tired all day today, wishing to finally go to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment