Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dinner in benefit of Unicef...

Almost two months ago, Gabriel Oliveri, Alma Mater of the Four Seasons Hotel in Buenos Aires, contacted me to invite me to the Gala in benefit of Unicef and the celebration of the 90th Anniversary of the Mansion owned by the hotel. Of course I could not refuse, so I scheduled my return to Buenos Aires bearing this event in mind. The dress code asked for looks with details based in the 1920s.
In Paris, my very-creative friend Marc Mahon did to me a headwear with really tall feathers that looked amazing, but maybe too Folies Bergère, so I didn't have the courage to use it tonight. I went with my Cavalli dress in a Tiffany shade and a pair of gloves I bought this afternoon in a rush. Gervasio Larrivey, my make-up artist friend, applied to me some fake eyelashes and like that I went out to the cold night in the city.
The party, which had many important sponsors, was very well organized, specially the room decorations, designed by Gerardo Acevedo, with combinations of feathers (I would have liked them on my head) and stained-glass dragonflies. Really stunning.
Then I must admits most female guests did a hard work to comply with the dress code: from Soledad Silveyra and Natalia Oreiro, godmother to the event, to the many models dressed by local designers with their 1920s inspirations. I liked the looks of Ingrid Grudke by Jorge Ibañez, Karina Mazzocco by Carlos Di Doménico, Jimena Buttigliengo by Fabián Zitta and Lara Bernasconi by Laurencio Adot... I felt like being back in 1929 (a little because of the economic meltdown too)...
Griselda Siciliani and Carlos Casella did a musical performance and sang a couple of duets. 
The food was also really tasty and appropriate.
Many prizes were promised for the night (for example, a stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in Paris, the famous George V), but my lack of sleep and willingness to write this post were stronger and, like Cinderella, I was off before midnight.
Anyway, I wish to point out that not all were feathers and sequins.... The funds gathered at the Gala will be given to Unicef to improve the facilities in more than a hundred hospitals and thus prevent many health-related issues. It's nice then to wear costumes and feathers (boy, I can't take feathers off my mind tonight) when there's such an aim to achieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment