Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent runway show...

Happy Women's day to you all!!
I wish this to you from the city of Beauty and Fashion. And do so also by the end of a hectic week full of runway shows, vanity and frivolity, which is all part of life, at least of mine...
Yesterday night I went to the runway show of Stephano Pilati's collection for YSL, at the magnificent hotel particulier Salomon Rothschild.
At 7:30 pm, on the corner of Av. Hoche and Rue Faibourg St. Honoré, the traffic was completely jammed... I had to jump out of my car and walk a 100 meters on paving stones with my marvellous Charlotte Olympia shoes (15-cm-tall heels). But I didn't care, the general mood was festive and delirious. About a hundred photographers and bloggers waited by the entrance, dreaming of getting inside. Privilege for a few...
Once inside, we were seated in different rooms, one more elegant than the other. I was seated in the same Anna Wintour was, as usual looking terribly bored... I guess I understand her: after having witness about 50 fashion shows in six days, she looked cheerful only when chatting with Mario Testino, the great photographer, who sat on her right. 
Kanye West, guest star of the show, was also in the room, and he went with his personal bodyguard, who woundn't keep an eye off of him (afraid someone might rob him?).
Also Kristin Scott Thomas, Francois Henry Pinault, President of the Group owning the brand, and many others...
With a half-hour delay, the show finally started... Thirty-eight models, very à la YSL: Prince of Wales suits, boulle-shaped coats and an all-white finale... SUBLIME!! Catsuits, smoking, dresses... white in all its variations. Beautiful show.
The models had all a tight chignon, almost no makeup and pale faces...
I went out running to reach my car and avoid the traffic jam...

No comments:

Post a Comment