Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally Paris' Fashion Week is over, the city is back to its normal self and so is the traffic.
I went to see a last runway show and, to tell you the truth, this year I went to quite many... But hey, I'm no Anna Wintour, though.
I was at the presentation of Moncler Gamme Rouge. which is a sophisticated line of jackets and coats designed by Giambattista Valli.
Giambattista Valli is a very talented Italian designer, who's been in Paris for a while (he used to design for Ungaro) and recently opened his own splendid boutique on Rue Boissy d'Anglas, which I visited yesterday.
But back to Moncler's show, I must admit it was the one I enjoyed best. The setting and the mood, at the enormous room on Rue de L'Ecole de Médicine, was impressive: it all worked around four climate phenomenons... Mist, wind (achieved through large fans that blew our hairs around), rain and, finally, snow. The first Moncler jackets were skiing ones... Models, young and beautiful, boys and girls of long untidy hair, walked around the room, holding hands, as if protecting themselves from the severe weather.
Almost a Chejov's setting.
Black jackets, short coats of neon yellow fur, others in orange... and black ensembles with plastic fringes that I found really nice.
As I sped out, I bumped once again into Anna dello Russo, Giovanna Battaglia, Franca Sozzani... and all the fashion journalists I won't be seeing again till the end of September.
Au revoir...

No comments:

Post a Comment