Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things I wasn't able to do in Paris...

I reach my seat at Air France flight AF 418... "la navette," as we like to call it, we being all those who live between Buenos Aires and Paris, constantly traveling between them, two cities so different from each other and yet so similar, almost as sisters separated by birth.
Anyway, as I was saying, I get comfortable in my seat with my super classic Chanel black dress (circa 1998) and my black Manolo Blahnik slingbacks (circa 1999), an outfit I use every time I take this flight for good-luck, and as I get ready to cross the Atlantic, fly the 11.112 km to my destination and spend the next 12 hours and 35 minutes here, I get to thinking of all those things I could have done in Paris but was not able to...
So I decided to write a top-ten list of them:
1. See Roman Polanski's new movie "The Ghost Writer," featuring Ewan Mc Gregor and Pierce Brosnan... The controversial and usually talented director finished editing it after the time he spent in a Swiss prison for a crime he committed almost 30 years ago. It is said to be a great thriller which I really want to see...!
2. Dress according to the new military style which will be "the look" of 2010 Spring-Summer season... It couldn't be: too cold all the time... For the same reason, I could not use my new 14-cm-high Gucci sandals...
3. Go to the Musée d'Orsay to see the new exhibition called "Crime et Châtiment," or Crime and Punishment, which takes a period of almost two centuries, from 1791, when Le Peletier de Saint-Fargeau asked for the abolition of the Death Sentence till September 30th, 1981, when its abolition was finally voted in France. During those 200 years, literature and art created numerous criminals. The name of the exhibit itself is taken from one of Dostoievki's works. A real guillotine from the French Revolution  is showcased in the museum.
4. Go see my friend Arielle Dombasle's Music Hall at the La Cigale theatre, mainly because she is incredibly talented and fun, and a little because I'd like to see Jean-Paul Gaultier's costume, specially designed for her...
5. Take a gym class at the Klay Club, where they teach the latest pilates techniques mixed with weight lifting. 
6. Take the Bateaux-Mouche and sail around the Seine as a first-time tourist, taking pictures of all the monuments!!!
7. Have a beauty treatment at the Biologique Recherche Institute, on Champs-Elysées Ave., one of Paris finest, which state-of-the-art products are specially designed to bring oxygen and tighten tissues. 
8. Return to the "L'Avenue" restaurant, to have once again the wild salmon with avocato vinagrette... so tasty!!!
9. Stop by the Café de Flore, to breathe the air of that temple to the germano-pratin (those who live in St. Germaine-des-Prés).
10. Admire for the tenth time the windows of Lydia Courteille's jewelry store on Rue St. Honoré...

All this must wait then...
Au revoir Paris...
Hello Buenos Aires!

No comments:

Post a Comment