Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Les cuissards or tall-boots

In the Fashion bussiness, from time to time, there are certain comebacks...
In my fashion-life for instance, I think it's gonna be the third time that extra-tall boots become the IT accesory of the moment.
Some time ago they used to be just over the knee. Then they became heel-less as ballerina-like-boots. And now they are reborn tall as never before (almost reaching the crotch), with 15-cm high heels, tight as leggins and above all... black! They were conceived to be paired with mini-skirts and together pull a mixture of rocker/grunge look.
So today, in spite of the unbearable 29°C and fiercing sun, I decided to hit the streets of Paris in search of my perfect tall-boots. I begun at Ave. Montaigne's Montaigne Market to try Gianvito Rossi's which, according to US Vogue, are the best in market... Uhmm... so so... kind of uncomfortable, to low a heel. Not for me. Let's try somewhere else.
Next stop: Azzaro, one of the chic-est boutiques in town. But the boots... too worked-up. Better not.
I head to Faubourg St. Honoré to reach Lanvin, where they have quite an amazing pair... except for the silver heel. However the leather's good, soft, tight comme il faut... but not at all convincing. Let's try Gucci.
Here they are: beautiful, extra-log and extra-black.
Definitely the best!
Except that now I feel so hot and tired that I no longer want boots... just my plastic Havaiianas!
The time to use boots look so far away now...


Extra-tall boots, by Gucci.

No comments:

Post a Comment