Friday, September 18, 2009

2010 Spring-Summer Collections (Part I)

Today is the final day of the runway shows in New York and this caravan of Fashion will then leave for London and Milan to reach beautiful Paris by the end of October.
So what about the runway shows?
Honestly, I've looked and studied the collections and I'm not at all impressed!
Everything... more of the usual! Many styles, colours and outfits that looked as if belonging to previous years. Little imagination.
I know, I know... We are in the middle of recession and Fashion, as everything and everyone, has to readapt itself to the new scenario. Is it because of this that Ralph Lauren's collection looked so-last-season to me?
Anyway, my worst consideration goes to Marc Jacobs, a fashion genius for many... Few times have I seen outfits with such little grace, such colourless-colours, lengths so unfitting to women in general. It proved circus-like to me!
On the contrary, I found Diane von Furstenberg's collection, designed by Nathan Jenden, nice and fresh, with uplifting colours (oranges and yellows), knee-length skirts and vaguely African prints. Very summery in fact.
I also would highlight Michael Kors', with his American Chic style and his dresses with transparent entre-deux.
In general, from what's been seen in most of the Collections, one can say that there's a comeback of the yellow, the short skirts, and high shoes and platforms.
Dulcis in fundo... my beloved Oscar de la Renta's collection, who, as everyone knows, is my-all-time favourite designer. As usual, his clothes were elegant, charming and impecable. Amazing were the day suits made in crochet and the night dresses in pink, orange or blue.
Let's see what the European designers have to give.
I'll keep you posted!


Lots of Orange on Oscar de la Renta's runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment