Sunday, April 14, 2013

My travel tips!

I've been asked about this many times... Some of them you already know... But, anyway, here they are, all together... My travel tips!
Nowadays travelling has become so normal it's even banal. However, this constant nomadism can be disturbing and uncomfortable. 
As I travel constantly, I follow certain rules  and habits (organisation is the mother of luck...) to be able to feel my best while in the sky...
1. I start packing much in advance: I take out the clothes, the accessories, the shoes and lay them all on the bed of a spare room. I mix and match the looks and return often to check on them to be sure I'm not missing anything.
Then, the night before travelling, I pack everything (I do it myself, always. I want to be responsible for any leftovers...). Coats and dresses go first, separated by silk paper. Then, sweaters and t-shirts, carefully folded. All underwear go in special fabric bags from Henri Bendel. Earrings and necklaces in plastic bags, also from Bendel.
Shoes go in their own fabric bags (most labels hand them out with their shoes), and my creams and makeup products travel in Henri Bendel's necessaries. Those go in a separate bag if possible and not in my luggage: you never know... something might spill or break due to pressurisation. Avoid possible disasters!
2. A carry-on luggage is very important for the on-board comfort. In my carry-on I always pack a cashmere blanket (a gift!!) to wrap myself and feel protected. I also carry a 100% cotton pyjama (t-shirt and loose pant) and a black cashmere cardigan (I call it "the plane cardi" and use it only on board). A pair of socks is also very important.
In a ziploc bag I carry a cleanser, a toner and a super-hydrating cream. All of them in tiny doses. A book, my notebook and my headphones to listen to music. And, of course, some melatonin pills to deal with the jet-lag.
3. I almost always travel dressed in the same way: a LBD, a black coat and Manolo Blahnik's sling backs. It's like the uniform of my own airline! For some time now I've decided not to wear jeans nor pants, not to mention joggins! It's more elegant, I'm more prepared to shift between weathers and I feel more comfortable than in tight jeans. 
4. I also carry something to eat. Some almonds, a soy burger previously cooked, some green tea bags. On board food is too fatty and salty...
5. I always try to wash my hair that same day and have a brushing done before travelling: it makes me feel better.
6. As soon as I get my seat, I go change and tie my hair. Before sleeping, I wash my face and apply a moisturising cream. And then I hope to dream, to wake up in shape and change back before landing!

Have you some tips of your own to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment