Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Oscar de la Renta's Runway show...

I’ve been using Oscar de la Renta’s dresses for more or less thirteen years now. As an Italian, at first, I felt attracted to Valentino, but I must say that I’ve spent my adult life (in the occasions that did matter to me at least) dressed by Oscar.
I cherish each of his dresses because they remind me of unforgettable moments. They are all kept with care and extreme love.
But in all these years I’ve never been able to attend one of his runway shows. I’ve always been invited to them, I know each and everyone working with Oscar. With Debbie, my buyer, we are close friends.

However this time there were no doubts, I’ve organized all my schedule, convinced my sister (another Oscar devotee) and we met in New York to be witnesses of the event that was catching the interest of all the Fashion world. All the buzz was mostly due to the fact that the collection had received the collaboration of John Galliano who was returning after a two-year hiatus to detox from alcohol and drug abuse. He had now the chance to show his talent and prove that he has not lost it somewhere… And he did!
In front of a very-Oscar audience, headed by Anna Wintour with Mario Testino, Mercedes Bass, Annette de la Renta (so elegant!), among others, the collection did not disappoint.
As always, his usual classic style was present, but with Galliano’s touch, which reminded me of his very first and glorious collections at Dior.
However, now everything looked much younger and modern: Oribe’s hairdos (very original), Gucci Westman’s make-ups and Sebastien Perrin’s music arrangements, featuring the great version of “I’m in the mood for Love,” by Bryan Ferri… Everything was great.
The long dresses were, as usual, stunning…
Only 49 looks, but enough to outline his style… which is that of one-of-a-kind elegance.
We had the pleasure of greeting and congratulating him before going out in the cold yet luminous night of New York.
PS: As for Galliano… He was nowhere to be seen…
My sister, at the show, wearing De La Renta.

No comments:

Post a Comment