Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bloc Notes from Paris...

It seemed to me that the month of September just flew by faster than other months... Between the exhibitions, Fashion Week's runway shows, my friends and all the other things to do, time just went by...
This week, as on previous seasons, I went to the runway show of the Argentine designers which, for some time now, is held in Paris and, in the past two years, is presented at the Pavillon Kleber, just in front of the Argentine Embassy, on rue Cimarosa...
As I'm quite sentimental, every time I go and see my friends, the tango dancers and feel the smell of leather, nostalgic tears just pop-out of my eyes... What can I say? It just happens.
This time it was no exception. We arrived quite late due to the terrible traffic jams of these days during Fashion Week, and everyone was already seated. But Abraao, the outstanding coordinator and organizer of the show, had two seats ready for us. The Tango dancer were at the peak of their performance. I suddenly listen to a "Patricia, Patricia..." I turn around to find Danielle Raymond, a French journalist who worked as Revista Gente's correspondent for many years... Danielle is really charming and the perfect example of the Argentinized French women...
Among the audience, there were many models who are currently working here, such as Milagros Schmoll and Lucho Jacob.
After the tangos by Piazzola, the show began with the colorful collection of Benito Fernández. Then it was the turn of a new designer (at least for me): Nicolás Luzuriaga, who comes from the Argentine Fashion School and I found very interesting and quite unique.
His designs are sexy yet, at the same time, geometrical and rigid. It may sound strange, but it does work. And the result is quite original. 
Then we saw Jorge Ibañez's collection, with Ingrid Grudke as his muse.
I liked Marcelo Senra's work too.
As always, Héctor Vidal Rivas and his daughter, Manuela, did a great job organizing everything. The runway show lasted just the right time (20 minutes aprox). Luckily, long shows are over... 
Afterwards, at the cocktail held at the Embassy, there was an empanada kiosk and many friends and acquaintances. 
Héctor is already preparing the next appointment for Argentine Fashion in Paris: on February 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment