Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bulgari in Paris...

The remains of yesterday's snow and the strong cold could not prevent the 500 special guests to show up today at the opening of the fantastic exhibition "Bulgari, 125 ans de magnificence italienne" at the Grand Palais.
I wouldn't miss it either so by 7 pm sharp I entered the Grand Palais, with the help of my brave friend Frédérique, who held my arm so I wouldn't stumble and fall in the ice. My green 15-cm-high Charlotte Olympia heels did not make it easy for me. But we made it and were able to greet the host of the evening, Nicola Bulgari, and his wife, who sparkled with an impressive necklace of emeralds and diamonds. But we were unaware of what was waiting for us inside... Over black velvet panels, the jewels reflected all the light!!
A truly spectacular collection because of the designs, the quality of the stones, the size of them (gigantic) and above all, their style, so modern and contemporary, although most of the pieces have 40 to 50 years and still remain perfectly up-to-date.
What I liked best was Elizabeth Taylor's private Bulgari collection, shown on a separated section. Liz Taylor begun by 1962, year in which she shot "Cleopatra" in Rome, a love affair with the Maison Bulgari and became a loyal customer. Well, in fact, it was Richard Burton who gave her in 1964, as a wedding gift, the famous necklace of 16 Colombian emeralds, which included the huge brooch he had already given her for their engagement. I can assure you it's breathtaking... as the rest of the pieces.
Many, many actresses used Bulgari jewels in their movies or premieres... Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida, Audrey Hepburn, Anna Magnani, Ingrid Bergman... In the exhibit at the Grand Palais, various screens constantly show images of those actresses wearing such masterpieces.
Of course many of today's stars were there too and I saw Claudia Cardinale, Clive Owen and, of course, Julianne Moore, who shot Bulgari's latest campaign. She too needed help to climb the steps of the Grand Palais: her Louboutin booties were really high. She was wearing a long-sleeved Lanvin dress and her hair tied in a chignon.
I got back home with my eyes full of sparkles... as it should be...

Julianne Moore
Clive Owen
Julianne Moore, in Bulgari's ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment